- KANSAS genealogical and/or historical societies will receive a quarterly publication, KANSAS REVIEW, each August, November, February and May, which will inform societies of the latest genealogical related happenings in the state.
- Each society is entitled to one(1) vote at the annual meeting held each year in June hosted by one of the member societies
- Individuals may become members and have voting privileges.
- KCGS is a member of the Kansas State Historical Society and the National Genealogical Society thus representing member societies at the state and national levels.
- KCGS subscribes to the Genealogists’ Code of Ethics and promotes membership participation in the National Archives Gift Fund.
- KCGS sponsors a unique Volunteer Service Awards program for its members. Get recognized for your volunteer hours!
- KCGS sponsors a certificate program to recognize Forgotten Settlers.
- KCGS sponsors funding for program assistance to member societies through the Daisy Lockman Plotner Program Resource Grant.
National Archives Gift Fund
Members are invited to join with others from societies throughout the nation in support of the National Archives Gift fund. The Council supports this fund and solicits an annual voluntary gift of $1.00 from members.
Monies collected are used to microfilm specific records and produce finding aids for researchers, and for other projects beneficial to genealogical researchers for which no government funds are available. These microforms, finding aids, and other projects will then be available to the general public.